Spending too much time in London can make you feel of the opportunity to see what lies beyond this vast wonderland of a metropolis. You can find fantastic attractions, rich heritage and natural splendor. Other than King Arthur’s round table to the summer retreat where Dickens wrote his most famous novels, you can make a short tour that is cheap but enriching day trip to the countryside. And if you want to have an affordable trip you must choose any good travel agency who can do this in better way and MayDay Travel in such kind of agency who are best known for their services. Here are some such places:
- Stratford-Upon-Avon – Shakespeare’s birthplace: You can visit the house where the legend was born and visit the churchyard where he was buried and watch a performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Royal Shakespeare and Swan Theatres which can surely blow away your mind.
- Windsor – the weekend residence of the Queen: Despite of being more than one thousand years old, Windsor Castle still stands as an official royal residence. The Legoland Windsor Resort is another major attraction in the area and a great destination for any family trips. Take a guided tour and do must watch the Changing of the Guard.
- Brighton – surf, sand, festivals and an exotic palace: This seaside town has an artistic community and a vibrant and colorful nightlife. You should visit in May for a chance to enjoy the Brighton Festival.
- Winchester – King Arthur’s round table: You can see the King Arthur’s round table in Winchester, where you can also visit the 1000-year-old cathedral which is considered to be the stunning example of Gothic architecture and Jane Austen’s final resting place.
- Oxford – “the city of dreaming spires”: Oxford is mainly dominated by its numerous colleges having breathtakingly scenic. Two must visiting places of Oxford are the Bodleian library with ornate Gothic ceilings and the Bridge of Sighs at Hertford College.
- Cambridge – palatial colleges and punting tours: Cambridge is no less fascinating and enchanting than Oxford. A punting tour of Cambridge is a highly popular local activity for tourists which considered being good for navigating small rivers.
- Canterbury – a pilgrimage to the Canterbury Cathedral: Canterbury is full of history, from the towering spires of the imposing medieval cathedral to the charming old-time houses. Canterbury has a lively cultural life with several theatres, also a host of annual events and numerous dining with entertainment outlets.